Springfield is hiring!
Job Title: SBC Web Coordinator
Job Function: The Church Web Coordinator reports directly to the Pastor and is a part-time position.
The Church Web Coordinator must be able to handle multiple tasks, respond effectively to unexpected challenges, and work both independently, graciously, and collaboratively with staff, ministries, volunteers, and lay people. The Web Coordinator must possess excellent written and spoken communication, including copy editing, and proofreading. The person must be detailed oriented, flexible, a self-starter and dependable. The Web Coordinator should have excellent interpersonal and people skills, while also possessing the ability to hold confidential information. The Web Coordinator should always exhibit professionalism and good work ethics. The Church Web Coordinator is vital to Springfield Baptist Church in ensuring the integrity and sustainability of the Church’s website for all aspects of designing, programming, and managing content to maintain a progressive, relevant website and other social media platforms for Springfield Baptist Church and its ministries. The Web Coordinator must have the ability to organize and process information and follow directives from the Pastor. The Church Web Coordinator must be committed to Christ, have a passion for Springfield Baptist Church and have high standards of Christian conduct.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain SBC’s website and social media that allow our online attendees to get connected to prayer, community, church volunteering, and care
- Organize, manage, and track content published to the Church’s website, ensuring consistency, brand conformity, and a positive and responsive user experience
- Manage SBC website to ensure 24/7 availability or troubleshooting
- Establish and maintain communications with the Pastor and senior SBC leadership, including Media and Technology ministries to ensure alignment with priorities and decisions
- Coordinate, manage, and maintain online Church communication efforts and initiatives including, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Streaming Media
- Maintain web identities, directories, listings, calendars, and other web presences
- Conduct assessments of website and online communication usage
- Help design, improve, and regularly update the content on SBC’s website including infographics, social media-oriented graphics, charts, and graphs
- Work collaboratively with Church staff to edit and post online content
- Ensure accuracy and update the SBC website in a timely manner
- Ensure our online guests are cared for (managing prayer requests and conversations)
- Manage the church website content, infrastructure, and related applications, keeping it current, engaging, and consistent with SBC’s priorities, graphic standards, and corporate communications style guide
- Integrate web-based payments for the Springfield Baptist Church’s account, and create forms and registrations, as needed
- Maintain an inventory of all SBC website pages, content, and tools
- Plan for and execute future changes to the website, including template, CMS, infrastructure, graphic, and content updates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school or General Educational Development diploma required
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with HTML, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Content Management Systems (CMS), Java Script, and cross platform programming
- Graphic Design with Photoshop and/or Illustrator or comparable programs preferred
- Experience with social media promotions using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other online social media preferred
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization
- General mastery of MS Office and working with PDFs
- Willing and able to learn new programs and applications and apply advanced features in software and applications as needed
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Must have a heart for the ministry of Springfield Baptist Church and the people of this church family
Please complete the job application and email your resume to or mail to 4309 Auburn-Knightdale Road, Raleigh, NC 27610.